Sunday, September 21, 2008

I really need to stop looking like a rock star

So today while I was innocently shopping for my favorite snackfood, Snyders of Hanovers Hot Wing Pretzel Pieces (just so you know), in the snack aisle at my local Weis. I was stopped by a rather grungy looking man. He asked me to help him find white cheese curls. I helped him and quickly found the white cheese curls. But in the process of looking for them he asked me the one question that 90 percent of people ask me, "Do you play guitar?". I laughed. As usual. And answered no. As usual. And went on my merry way. I got my delicious pretzel bites, and of course, went to the same check out the man was at. He recognized me as the white cheese curl man and began going down the list of instruments that I possibly look like I could play. I stopped him after drums. And told him I play keyboard. And just by coincidence his brother happened to be looking for a keyboardist to play in his band that does "The Doors" covers. I politely refused. But he really didn't want to take no for an answer. So he pulled me to the side and wrote down his brothers cell number and other contact information. That I will never ever use. He would seriously not let me go. I kept trying to tell him I wasn't looking for a band. But he just kept going on about the band. And I'm too rude to walk away. So I ended up standing there by the check out for 5 minutes talking to him.

So in short. I am really thinking of shaving my head so people stop asking me that stinking question and inviting me to odd cover band practices. Or maybe I should just learn guitar and become a rock star.

2 comments:

Mia said...

haha wow i just peed my pants...not really but it was a good story. ha but please don't shave your head, that's what makes us twins.

ellie said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHY'D YOU SAY NO?! doors cover band... opportunity of a life time... haha