Sunday, October 5, 2008

Depressing stuff

I realized something yesterday. If I would die. Today. At this very moment. What on earth would I say to Jesus when he asked me to give an account of my life.
I think it would be something like this:
After I stumble fractions of words out and after I rack my brain for a while.
I think all I could do was apologize.
I mean I guess I could say I read my bible almost every day... but that didn't really stop me from breaking the rules I read.
And I guess I could say I helped inner city kids with their homework every monday. But acts with out love is nothing... and im pretty sure hooking up with girls the same night isn't loving people.
And I guess I could say I beat an addiction. Kind of. I mean atleast I stopped looking at the stuff. But I can't say my mind is free from lust.
And I went on missions trips! But never really took the time to love the people on them.
And I had every intention of going to amsterdam. But I guess that doesn't count does it?
So in the end. All I would say is sorry.
Sorry for living like Jesus gave me an eternity. When I know full well he doesn't promise a single day.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

nothing can seperate us from the love of Christ.

you are human. you are flawed. you struggle. you stumble.

but if you have eagerness to change, He will see that.

He longs to see you in Amsterdam.

He's waiting for you to finally give up on these selfish ambitions you are having.

It's up to you.

Will you continue to be apathetic. Repeating the same things for weeks on end?

Or will you actually learn how to change your habits?

It's all in your hands.