Monday, August 4, 2008

Togo! Togo home. Cuz your all gonna lose.


This year was my third youth camp with frequency youth. I'm not exactly sure why i went. Being that it was more expensive than last year. But managed to somehow be shorter. But I went anyways. I have to admit this was the most life changing camp or outreach or anything that I have been on. Not because the speaker was anyone special, (In fact I wasn't exactly his biggest fan), or because of any altar time, prayer time or worship time. It was because of one simple thing. A decision. A very simple, tiny decision. After one of the services I sat down to have a talk with the ever majestic Roy Harbold. And I was humbled. Listening to Roy (who does not go to a bible college) quote and turn to scripture after scripture, reveal seemingly endless information on character after character of the bible and history of the races, people and books of the bibe had an interesting effect on me. I realized that I don't have to wait for college to begin to really study the word. So I made that decision. To begin to really dig into God's word. And it really has changed me. I also got to see the new generation of young folk seek God. They pray harder than I've seen anyone at that age. Many of them were filled with the Holy Spirit at that camp. And it was awesome to see them all press into God and really desire him. Plus Miles "Smiles" Anderson is my replacement when I go to college. No lie.

No comments: