Thursday, July 10, 2008

Invest

I just returned from the exciting task of chaperoning a penn-del kids camp somewhere up in carlisle. I am freaking exhausted. The four days I spent with the seven 7-9 year old kids assigned to me was easily one of the most patience trying, frustrating and stressful times of my life. In four days I heard more whining, screaming, crying than parents who just had triplets. I have more bruises, scratches, bites (from kids not bugs) and other random marks on my body (from my kids using me as a punching bag) than an antelope that was just mauled by a lion. And every muscle in my back is sore from the children using me as a jungle gym and demanding piggy back rides. But I also saw those same kids connect with God on a deep level. Prayers were prayed and decisions were made that will forever effect those 7 kids lifes. And it made every bruise, headache, scratch, punch and bite worth it.

No comments: